O&O AutoBackup automatically backs up and synchronizes selected files and folders with an external backup device so that in the event of a data loss it can be accessed again immediately. No further application is needed – Windows Explorer alone will suffice.
O&O AutoBackup can backup files and folders quickly and automatically. For example, if a user wants to backup their photos and videos onto an external USB stick then O&O AutoBackup not only copies the original files but also any future changes made to the files and/or directories. The backup process will start automatically whenever a removable device such as a USB Stick is connected to the computer. The files are copied exactly and put on the target disk so that they can also be accessed without O&O AutoBackup using the normal Windows Explorer.
This functionality is especially useful for users who until now have been afraid of using data backup software because it was too complicated or involved high maintenance. The coupling of the backup start with connecting a backup device to the computer allows the user to make a backup exactly when he needs it, for example immediately after importing photos and videos from a digital camera. The user interface is very simple and intuitive and enables users with just a few clicks to set up a backup and thus reliable protection of their data against data loss due to accidental deletion or virus attack.
Automatic file synchronization
Every time an external disk is connected to the computer O&O AutoBackup checks whether there have been changes to the files or folders that are already on the external disk. A manual start is not required. The user can select the files, folders or even entire partitions they wish to backup using a clear and simple dialog window.
Backup options include:
- Full Backup: all data is copied to the external storage medium into a directory. This is always the first step in order to have a complete backup of all selected files.
- Backup of the changes: All changes and new data will be copied. No files on the external storage will be deteled..
- Synchronization: All changes are implemented and deleted data will be removed from the destination media.
New and enhanced functions
- New: Real-time synchronization: as soon as a change is made to an original file or a new one is created, this is copied inn real-time straight to the USB
- New: Windows 8.1 compatible. Also with Windows 8, 7, Vista and XP
- New: Totally new graphical user interface for an even better and easier user experience
- Full Backup: all data is copied to the external storage medium into a directory. This is always the first step in order to have a complete backup of all selected files
- Backup of the changes: All changes and new data will be copied. No files on the external storage will be deleted
- Synchronization: All changes are implemented and deleted data will be removed from the destination media
- Advanced settings: Here the user can specify to which file the backup copy should be written, for example.
- Scheduling: Various options are available such as whether a backup should be carried out only with new connections, daily or weekly.
- Event Viewer: Logs the various activities carried out by O&O AutoBackup.
Find out more about O&O DiskImage.