O&O DiskImage 6 – New file backup increases data security
Berlin, 16th August, 2011 – Advance Notice: The data image program O&O DiskImage 6 to be released on 6th September, 2011 with numerous innovations. Continuous data protection with O&O DiskImage can totally negated the risk of a costly data loss. In the event of a defective operating system or data loss, all previous data are quickly available again, with downtime of the machine kept to a bare minimum.
O&O DiskImage 6 not only images the data but the entire computer. By restoring an image, the usual work environment is quickly brought back to life, regardless of whether the crash or loss happens on the computer on which the image was created or on another computer. By popular demand from our customers, we have added a file backup (backup) function to the existing drive backup (image) function.
New and revised functions
- Backup and restore individual files and folders
- Automatic monitoring and user alerts where images were not carried out for long periods
- Standard ISO files (ISO 9660) can now be mounted as virtual disks in addition to image files
- New user interface for even easier and faster backups, especially for inexperienced users
- Numerous improvements in the individual program components, in particular a significant acceleration of the backup and recovery process, and a revision of the machine independent restoration (MIR)
Pricing and Availability
O&O DiskImage Professional 6 including machine independent restoration (MIR) will cost €29.00 / $29.95 / £19.99. O&O DiskImage 6 Family will be available at a price of €49.00 / $49.95 / £24.99 for installation on up to three computers. All prices include VAT. Resellers can obtain O&O DiskImage 6 from any O&O authorized distributor, a full list of which can be found at http://www.oo-software.com/partner/en/distributor/