O&O Syspectr Public Beta now available
O&O Syspectr spots PC and Windows problems before they hurt.
Berlin, 4th September, 2013 – Berlin-based O&O Software releases the Public Beta version of its new product O&O Syspectr today. O&O Syspectr enables users to spot PC and Windows problems before they cause any damage. Through a modern and easy-to-use web interface users can have access to full information on their systems, not only over their PC but also over Smartphones or Tablets and from anywhere in the world. They can do this even when the PC is turned off. On request O&O Syspectr will notify users immediately by e-mail of live events occurring on their machines and provide the means to solve any issues with just a few clicks of the mouse.
Install and Setup in less than five minutes
Using O&O Syspectr couldn’t be easier: once an account is setup then any number of computers can be monitored remotely. Just a one-time installation of a small software pack is required which occurs fully in the background. After that the user can configure an impressive array of settings and monitor events on their systems, all over a simple web interface.
IT Management in the German Cloud
Berlin-based O&O Software has been developing Tools for Windows successfully for the national and international markets since 1997. “O&O Syspectr heralds the logical further development of our desktop and network product range” says Olaf Kehrer, Co-Founder and Managing Director of O&O Software GmbH. “As a German company, we are not only obliged to comply with the German Data Protection Act, we also want to comply with it. So as with all our software, O&O Syspectr will be developed at our Berlin location and made available through German data processing centers.”
Numerous modules already available:
- “Computer” delivers detailed information on a machine’s hardware and operating system
- “O&O DriveLED“ evaluates information from hard disks and warns of forthcoming defects over S.M.A.R.T., for example when a critical operating temperature is exceeded or too many read/write errors occur.
- “USB Storage“ for monitoring and blocking USB storage devices.
- “Hard Disks” informs on a disks partitioning and processor load
- “Windows Security” for monitoring Windows security settings and installed anti-virus programs
- “Process Watching” with white lists and black lists for monitoring the condition of running processes and services
- “Remote Console“ opens a command prompt on the remote computer
Many further modules are currently being planned and developed, including Remote Desktop that can be used over a browser, as well as the integration of desktop products into the next version, such as O&O Defrag. O&O Syspectr can be used on all Windows systems from XP and Windows server 2003 on, as well as on virtual machines.
Participation now free of charge
With immediate effect, anyone interested can register to use the Public Beta of O&O Syspectr, free of any charge or obligation, and submit their feedback directly.