O&O Syspectr spots Windows problems before they hurt!
Berlin, 29th January, 2014 – Berlin-based O&O Software today releases their new product O&O Syspectr. O&O Syspectr monitors PCs and servers and reports potential problems to the user before they become a problem and cause damage: Are Windows security measures in place on all PCs and servers, have all relevant security updates been installed or has a new piece of software been discovered that actually should not be there?
All such information can be called upon every current browser from anywhere in the world. Potential problems can be resolved immediately over the Remote Desktop module which also operates on every browser.
Even when a PC is not turned on, all system information can be retrieved. This enables a diagnosis to be made even when a PC is no longer functioning. Upon request, O&O Syspectr will inform users by e-mail of certain events so that they can react immediately.
Install and set up in less than five minutes
Using O&O Syspectr is very simple: after creating an account at https://www.syspectr.com/ any number of PCs and servers can be monitored right away. All that is required is a one-time installation of the client application on the computer concerned. All settings can then be made and all events monitored via the web interface.
IT management in the German Cloud
O&O Software was established in 1997 in Berlin, Germany and since then has successfully sold tools for Windows to customers and partners worldwide. “With O&O Syspectr we have ushered in the logical successor to both our desktop and network products” said Olaf Kehrer , co-founder and Managing Director of O&O Software GmbH. “With our experience in this field we see ourselves as a clear technology leader and we will continuously develop and expand O&O Syspectr accordingly. Added to that is an unbeatable price, which enables small and medium-sized businesses to enter the IT cloud management field at no additional cost.” Like all products from O&O Software, O&O Syspectr was solely developed by O&O Software in Berlin, Germany and is made available through German data centers.
In the free version the program can be used on a maximum of 10 desktop PCs. Greater performance and additional features are available starting from just 1 Euro per month (or equivalent local currency). A detailed overview of the benefits and range of functions can be found right here: https://www.syspectr.com/en/pricing
A number of modules are already currently available. The functionality and list of modules in O&O Syspectr is constantly expanding.
- “Hardware” with detailed information about the hardware and the operating system
- “Software” shows the programs installed on the computer
- “Hard Disk” lists the hard drives connected and information on the used space
- “Windows Security” to monitor Windows security settings and installed anti -virus solutions
- “USB Monitor” to monitor and block USB storage devices
- “Hard disk health (O&O DriveLED)” evaluates information from hard drives, warns of impending malfunctions via SMART, for example when a critical operating temperature is exceeded or frequent read-write errors
- “Remote Desktop” is displayed in the browser
- “Remote Console” to open a command line on the remote computer
- “Process Watcher” with white and black lists for monitoring processes and services
O&O Syspectr can be used on any Windows system from XP and Windows 2003 Server as well as on virtual machines. O&O Syspectr needs only an internet connection to work – a configuration of the DSL or internet router is not necessary.