Fragmented hard disks put the brakes on your productivity
Fragmented hard disks put the brakes on the servers in a company and as a result have an adverse affect on productivity. The level of fragmentation proportionally increases the time needed for accessing a hard disk. This in turn increases the amount of valuable time lost by each and every employee. The new O&O Defrag Server Edition for Windows servers optimizes your hard disk and packs file fragments securely back together again.
Thanks to clearly displayed graphics and statistics, you can monitor the success of regular defragmentation. After every run you get a graph showing the before-and-after stats. You can then base your configuration of the program on these statistics to optimize the success yet more.
Benefits for your company:
- Server and Workstation Performance increases of up to 100%
- Prevents new fragmentation efficiently in advance
- Organizes related file fragments on your hard drive
- Faster system and program starts
- Extends the life of your hardware
- Speeds up your Internet browser
- Increases the chances of recovering lost data
- Automatic defragmentation in the background
- Speeds up your backup and restoration processes
- Defragmentation of your server at the push of a button
- Also available for use on virtual machines
Workstations: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista.
Server: Windows Server 2016, 2012 R2, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008
Optimization of disks in virtual machines and SANs (Storage Area Networks):
Users of virtual machines know the phenomenon: the amount of data remains the same, but the memory for the virtual container increases and causes the virtual system to slow down. The new O&O Defrag Server Edition effectively eliminates and prevents this performance problem from occurring. For the first time, O&O Defrag can now optimize the actual memory allocation for virtual machines and SANs.
NEW: SOLID, a brand-new defrgamentation method for SSDs and HDDs
The problem: SSDs store file fragments spread across many blocks, even though much fewer would suffice.
This memory behavior has an immediate effect on the performance and lifespan of an SSD. To counteract wear and at the same time to optimize the performance of SSDs, O&O Software has developed the new defragmentation method SOLID. By using the defragmentation method SOLID, these distributed file parts are defragmented so that in the future significantly fewer memory cells have to be read out and also written to when changing a file. As a result, the SSD is faster as the number of read and write accesses is reduced by the defragmentation. In addition, the premature wear of the SSD (and of course the conventional hard drive) is prevented because fewer blocks need to be erased and rewritten than before the defragmentation with SOLID. To stay with our example above: To read our sample file, it is not necessary to first access and read 32 different blocks, but only a single one.
The most comprehensive system performance application for all your disks
A positive side-effect of developing the defragmentation method SOLID has been found in tests on “classic” hard disks: it is O&O Defrag’s most resource and hardware-friendly defragmentation method ever, with optimal results, and sets the new standard for defragmentation. As we mention above, files are also fragmented on SSDs. Data is often distributed to more memory cells than would be necessary. By defragmenting an SSD using our new method SOLID, it is possible to reduce the number of cells used to store file parts down to significantly fewer. This ability to optimize and protect both disk types is a prerequisite for today’s data centers that handle mass data per second, and where downtime costs a significant amount of money.
- Defrag multiple drives simultaneously
- Adapts itself to system load (O&O Activity Guard)
- Vendor-independent optimization of solid state drives (SSDs)
- Classification of drives into zones (Optional)
- Execution of Windows commands (Batches)
- Defragments individual files and directories
- A total of eight defragmentation methods
- Defragmentation during startup and at runtime
- Automatic check for new versions
- Run O&O Defrag via scripts
- Assistant to schedule regular defragmentation
- Support for USB sticks and memory cards
Evaluation and analysis functions
- Display of fragmentation levels
- Display of the most fragmented files
- Before-and-after display
- History view to watch defragmentation success
- Dynamic block view during defragmentation
- Detailed report management
Study: Save costs with O&O Defrag
Even in 2019, the phenomenon of files being split up when saved continues not only to cause a significant reduction in system performance, but also creates tangible extra costs for a business. The study “Hidden IT Costs“sheds light on these issues and tells you how you can reduce these costs – with minimal financial and human investment.
As a certified Microsoft Gold Partner, we have a very solid know-how that is reflected in our products. The simple and quick integration into your corporate network generates an extremely fast ROI and lowers your TCO sustainably. Which means you can focus on what matters: your core business!
Please click here to request your personal O&O Defrag quote!